Osprey Aviation
Team Captain: Jacqueline Milroy
Other Member: TBC
Aircraft: Jabiru 160D 24-7348
- Presently a Flight Instructor with Woorayl Air Services, Leongatha, Amber Aviation Academy and Tooradin Fly.
- Have worked as a Charter Pilot in Marree, SA flying a GA8 Airvan
- Live and worked in Karratha WA for 5 years – where for a short time I worked as a flight instructor at KFS, as a parachute jumps pilot and as a District Relief Teacher for the WA Education Dept. During this time I purchased an old Cessna 172 and flew out to Remote Community Schools in the Pilbara Region. (I used no GPS and there was no OZ Runways back then- it was all maps, distance, speed and time)
- I wrote a regular column for a popular Aviation Magazine. Writing under a psydenom - I received many interesting remarks via Letter to the Editor, such as “that crusty old man”, “that would be if he could be” and “that guy” - Hopefully it got people thinking and talking aviation – if so then I had achieved my brief.
- Until 2016, I owned and operated a RA-Aus Fly School – Osprey Aviation Services.
- In 2012 I applied for and surprisingly, received the inaugural Vicki Cruse Memorial Scholarship – thru the International Womens Pilot Organisation; The 99s. This scholarship is in memory of the Amercian Aerobatic Champion Vicki Cruse who lost her life in an accident at the World Aero Championships at Silverton UK in 2010. This was award was presented at the American Aerobatics Association Dinner at Osk Kosh – An amazing, heart thumping and humbling experience! The prize paid for a spin recovery course
- Somewhere, awhile ago I read on a poster - “It is hard to keep up or beat the person who never gives up” - I guess, I could best describe myself as that person who never gives up. There has been and always will be aviator's who are smarter, fly better, spin harder than I – but – I'll still be there, just plodding along, giving it my best shot, at all times.
I'm flying in the 2018 Outback Air Race as a tribute to the RFDS.
Whilst in Karratha in 2009, our then 18month old Granddaughter was flown low level, at night and in a critical condition – having suffered a severe asthma attack – the 1700kms from YPKA to Perth.
- Bridie is now a goreous 10 year old – the second of our six equally gorgeous and handome brood of grand kids. To see them all playing together, as a complete team, confirms my believe that I have been truly blessed.
- So this is my way of saying THANK YOU RFDS
- This is me